A house is nothing but walls floors and windows until it is inhabited by people. That is when a house becomes home. A place where you feel comfy. However, besides people and their mutual love, there are a few other things that help in this transformation. Things that make life easier and pitch in for those “comfy feels”. Yes, consumer durables are the phrase we are talking about. Manufactured goods like automobiles and household appliances that have a long life(durable) are called consumer durables. Following are the two essential consumer durables for every household.
- Refrigerator: It is needless to mention the importance of a refrigerator a.k.a fridge in every home. It helps keep the fruits and veggies fresh while also preserving the leftover food. It comes in a variety of sizes and variants to choose from according to your needs.
- Air Conditioner: Another heavyweight from the world of consumer durables is an air conditioner. With rising temperatures every summer season, air conditioners have become more a need than a luxury. What are the different types of AC’s available in the market? Which one is best suited for your need?
Types of refridgerator:
- Side by Side: The most glamorous variant of refrigerators is the side by side model. The freezer is located on the side to provide enough shelf space. The doors are sleek and small so they need less room to swing open which is a definite plus in a small kitchen. The most loved feature, however, is the ice and water dispenser which allows accessing both without having to open the doors.
- Top Freeze: As the name suggests top freezer refrigerators have the freezer on top. They are available at pocket-friendly prices and that is what makes them the most common type of refrigerator present in households.
- Bottom Freeze: They are opposed to the top freeze refrigerators in the fact that the freezer is accommodated at the bottom. The basic pro factor of top freeze variant is that the daily use items are placed at a convenient level and prevents you from bending down to pick something up.
Types of Air Conditioners:
- Split A.C.: The split AC has two constituent parts, a cold unit and a warm unit. This makes its installation and costs a little expensive. However, it has a highly efficient airflow which can easily cool large areas of your home. Another plus point is that it doesn’t only keep your family cool in the summers but also warm in winters.
- Window A.C.: Highly cost-effective as compared to the split variant they are also economical in power consumption and use less floor space. While most of the window A.C. models are only used for cooling, a select few models provide both cooling and heating for your home.
- Cassette A.C.: Cassette AC’s arethe most efficient air system for large spaces like a hall or an office space.Being mounted on the ceiling they provide better cooling over a large area ascompared to the split or window air conditioner. As a physical compulsion thecool air falls downwards which in turn accounts for their efficiency.